Our skilled and experienced team of technology consultants and engineers are perfectly placed to deliver competitor product analysis.
Through our competitor product teardown analysis service, we’ll evaluate your competitors’ products to identify their strengths, weaknesses, and position in the market. This will allow you to establish how competitive a current or potential device is, as well as determining its likely sales price.
This service can also support technical due diligence to establish a fair price during a procurement and rebranding or investment process. It’s also beneficial for the realisation of IP, helping to establish if the claimed IP is being used and if the device’s IP is actually protected.
Our competitor product analysis services include:
During a device teardown analysis, we strategically disassemble the competitor’s product, with the aim of identifying its component parts. The analysis can also consider other factors, such as reliability and functionality.
This teardown will help you to get a comprehensive overview of the product’s weaknesses, strengths, and opportunities for improvement. In effect, this allows us to reverse engineer a device and understand how it works, how well it works, and what processes and parts are used to make it.
You can then adjust your product or plans in response, in order to achieve a more competitive position in the marketplace.
- Analysis of existing devices through a process of:
- Component identification
- PCB analysis
- X-ray analysis
- External probing
- Identification of:
- COGS (cost of goods sold), and margin on device (‘should-cost’)
- Components and assembly
- Real-world device performance, with comparison to claimed specification
- Adherence to technical/safety standards
- Quality of product
- Expected lifetime
- Critical dependencies and single-source/obsolescence
- We can also find points of improvement, including:
- ‘Could-cost’ and potential cost reductions
- Performance improvements
- Delta analysis (e.g. price reduction of X by changing Y, at the expense of Z)
To find out more about our competitor product analysis services, or to discuss your requirements, please get in touch. Our skilled and experienced team is ready and waiting to help.